Reduction of Flood Risk in Carnikava municipality
This project consists from 4 parts:
- Construction of a levee (D-4) in Siguli village, Carnikava municipality,
- Construction of a levee (D-8) “Pocu-Jaunzemnieku”,
- Construction of a levee (D-9) in Gauja village, Carnikava municipality,
- Strenghtening of the Gauja coast (GK-1) and construction of mole (B1) in Gauja river, Carnikava municipality.
Construction time – from August 2014 to October 2nd 2015. The following major works have been accomplished:
- construction of access roads,
- soil removal for repeated use,
- construction of embankment,
- construction of sheet piles,
- construction of pedestrian barriers,
- construction of sluice 3,5x5m,
- construction of culverts (d=800mm) with non-return valves,
- strengthening of slopes with geomat,
- strengthening of slopes with soil.